Another Quilt and More Thoughts...

Another quilt finished. Of all the quilts I've made, this had to be the most challenging. The young man likes dogs, horses and baseball. Good Heavens....how does one combine all these into one quilt... Now that I look back, I know an easiest was to back the quilt with baseball fabric. Ha - too obvious to overlook!

The horse panel - no problem. Simply frame it. A little on the skimpy side. Then I added the dogs - having to fussy cut each dog, using a modified Amish block. A little on the difficult side - lost a few noses a couple of times. Completed those..and that left baseball. Hmmmm...okay, only thing left was to add strips of the fabric...and thus born....
Caleb's Quilt....



Definitely a sew-as -I go quilt. Amazing how everything just fit together.


And of course - the pocket prayer quilt to go with
it......








When making this quilt, I thought of God's plan for each of us. Putting this quilt together made me realize how everyday we do the little things that keep adding to the "plan".... the plan that takes time, heart ache, love, happiness, joy and finally, peace when everything comes together and you just know - this is it. This is what God has intended for me - to live this life, right now, right here and this way.
And I think - thank you, Lord, for giving me this gift of quilting. What a marvelous thing to say ....
I quilt.
Angel45402

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....