After such a long absence......


Good heavens...it's been quite awhile since I've updated this journey...and now, finally located the user ID and password, I find the whole setup of the blog has changed.   This should be one interesting blog.

Quilting life has slowed down a bit for numerous reasons.  Mainly, life and discovering the joys of my Kindle Fire.  Doesn't take much, does it?  However, I have made a few blocks for online yahoo group lottery - am now undertaking sets of blocks for a swap - and do a whole lot of fabric fondling in the meantime.  The interest hasn't died....just seems to be taking a nap.  I do know that once I sit down in front of my laptop, hours can whiz by.  Not productive....nor note worthy when I would write up daily posts to several yahoo groups.   When the daily posts were met with zero response, it's time to take stock and - well, spend time instead doing something more constructive.  My kitchen looks pretty spiffy now....and laundry seems to be caught up on a regular basis. 

Oh wait - this is about quilting.  Yes - quilting.   Counted UFOs the other day....9 of them.  So, what to do?  Of course not tackle the UFOs as a whole.  I looked, I counted, I gasped (gee, some of them are - well, awful) and decided to tackle a strip quilt.  Oh yeah, strip quilt.  For those of you unfamiliar with strip quilts.....

.....Jelly Roll Race

And so my strip quilt was born....but not fully developed yet.  The added circles were not sewn on yet.  Added more and several different colors.  While not completely satisfied with how it looks so far, I'm comfy with it.

And so I quilt...and hopefully enough quilts for gifts.

Angel45402



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....