UFO Sees the Light of Day

2013.  The year of block of the months and quilts yet to see the light of day.  

There is something satisfying when one completes a quilt.  Even this quilt.

It's the 2nd quilt I attempted - over 15 years ago.  Maybe even over 20 years ago.  I was so pleased with putting it together and then something shifted, reality took over and it went from bag to bag - and then folded and put away in a cupboard.  


Finally - it was removed...chuckled over....and I began the process of finding backing and experimenting with adhesive batting.  

Discovered I am not a fan of adhesive batting.  I tried just about everything to iron quilt to batting and yet, nary a "stick".  Perhaps my technique - perhaps not.  Also gummed up the needle a bit during the quilting process.

All in all, I am glad I completed it.  It is now hanging on the dining room wall where I can see it daily.  It serves as a constant reminder of how far I've come as a quilter....at least adhesive batting is off my list of must haves...and floral themed fabric is off my list forever.

In the meantime, I'm still quilting and loving it.

Angel45402   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....