November & The Year is Almost Over

4 November 2005

Rheya Docie Sylvia was born on 24 October 2005 at 10:59 AM, weighing in at 9 lbs, 3 oz and 21 1/2" long with the most beautiful deep blue eyes and dark hair. I had the privilege of watching Rheya's entrance into the world. It was an experience I'll treasure my entire life and I'll be forever grateful I was invited to be part of this wonderous event. Grandpa was settled down in the waiting room - he was almost forgotten in the thrill of the moment.

I would have never imagined the depth and richness being a grandparent brings to one's life. We've now come full circle and it simply makes me smile. No day can be bad when you've got that smiling baby photo on your desk.

Since I've joined the esteemed rank of Grandparenthood, no one is safe from the praises, bragging and ever ready photos of the "grandkids". No location or event can prevent whipping out the latest photos ... and every conversation is steered towards the latest grandkid news.

In less than a week, my sister and I will make our annual 500 mile pilgramage to visit our parents - the great grandparents. For five days, we'll be pampered and well taken care of - and the photos will be a featured part of the trip. Now that's coming full circle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....