Hot Pink Cast....

It's been less than a week since I had a ganglion cyst removed from my left wrist. I had opted for that lovely "twilight" anesthetic and awoke to a huge bandage from wrist to past the elbow. I thought this to be a bit overdone. The surgeon wasn't available to talk after the surgery and I have yet to talk to him. Three days after the surgery, I had the wrappings removed and a real cast was applied. The surgeon's assistant explained that the surgery was a little bit more intensive than anticipated and the cast was to prevent wrist movement.

This has taught me a few things we so often take for granted....

1. Typing is to be considered a slow art when one is wearing a cast - especially when typing within a format that doesn't have an "undo" feature.

2. Resting is restorative - even if it means suffering through half a day at work and slinking out for the remainder of the day.

3. Peeling hard boiled eggs with one hand is not possible. Therefore, volunteering to make a couple dozen deviled eggs for the office birthday party is not a good idea.

4. As a quilter, it is not possible to look at quilting magazines in a leisurely manner. The impulse to jump up and just put together one quilt block is overwhelming.

5. Always choose an eye catching color when selecting a fiberglass cast.

And now I am going to exercise number 2 - and the quilting magazines are safely put away.

Angel45402

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....