Two Halves of a Whole

I would venture to say that there are not many marriages today where one can say, I have found my soul mate for life, my other half, the one who makes me complete.

I've been that blessed - I did find my soul mate for life thirty-six plus years ago...and he still makes me smile in the darkest of moments. He is my anchor, my sanity-check, my friend, my hero and my love.

About two weeks ago, my beloved took a job overseas - a deep desire he's had for quite some time. We talked many days and weeks about this job ....what it would mean to him, how it may affect the family, how he had faith that all will work out as it's meant to be.

Seven plus years ago we purchased a building downtown and it's been the home of a chess club - a haven for many chess players. While he's been away, I have come to realize just how much work my beloved has done in addition to working eight to ten hours a day at his "real" job - all those extra hours promoting chess, working angles to produce (hopefully) increased income...and never complaining, not once.

These past few weeks alone, I've learned that we have two grown children who care deeply for their parents ...and have taken time to make sure their mom is well taken care of while their dad is away.

I've learned that while I don't have the same talents as my beloved (patience for one), I can do fairly well - even with chess players (!).

I've learned that's it's better to say no, not today - I'll deal with it later.

I'll soon come to the realization that I can say no - and not feel guilty.

I've learned that my beloved and I are two halves of a whole ... we do better together, but while apart, we're still able to grow - learn - and it'll be a joyous occasion when he comes home.

Angel45402

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....