Expecting the Unexpected

Many years a very wise woman shared her traveling story. She dreaded driving, wether it be a short distance or long distance. One day it occurred to her that God could help change her mindset. She would start the trip with a very simple prayer. God please bless this trip and reveal the unexpected. Every trip became a wonderous trip.

I thought little of the story until today. I had several appointments and didn't relish the idea of driving across town - not when I would have much preferred to stay home and sew or knit. While driving across town, I thought of the traveling story and prayed - bless this trip, God - and reveal the unexpected.

In less than five miles, I saw momma goose nudging her five babies away from the road, a young woman standing next to a bus stop with headphones dancing to music only she could hear, and a red Corvette's license plate that read "Bond007". God works quickly!

We all need reminders that He watches over us - and grants our hearts' desires. Expect the unexpected.

Angel45402

Comments

drivenmg said…
The question on the Bond007 plate was who was driving...nonetheless I couldn't agree more.

It reminds me of when sometimes when I'm constantly running around 'feeling' busy God would show katie and myself a deer or their young. A breath of fresh air to say the least.
Fanciful Quilts said…
...of course it was James driving...who else????

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....