The Making of a Quilt & Other Stuff - Part 2


Two steps forward, five steps back....


I've been having difficulty the mere activity of getting up after sitting for more than 15 minutes. Some days are worse than others. Finally x-rays were taken - and result: arthritis in both hips. Excuse me - but arthritis was NOT on my list of things to accomplish until I'm well into my 90s. Sigh.


Okay - the quilts will take longer, I will knit standing up, I will read in a reclining chair (ah ha - an excuse to go shopping) - and I will learn to get up gracefully to cover the aching bones. And I'll shop for a chiropractor if need be. Not sure what a chiropractor can do but the good ones do work miracles.


I digress. The Making of a Quilt Part 2. Strips are sewn - yahoo. Panels are sewn to the strips - yahoo.








Okay so far. Now the borders - top & bottom.
















Top is finished! Okay - not completely finished. Need batting, backing & binding....and then on to tying.
There is something to be said about sewing for short periods of time. Frustrating, yes. But it allows a little pacing - time for reflecting - and time to ponder the age old question..."what the heck was I thinking when I made that???"
Ah - but I like it - I think it will be of value to the young man it will be mailed to. And I've learned a little about myself in the process. There's joy in taking a bunch of fabrics & creating something wonderous.
And now it'll be put aside until after this weekend. Duty calls - a chess tournament starts this evening and the Chess Queen here will be helping out a dear young man who promised Riley he'd direct the tournament while Riley is in Iraq.
Angel45402

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....