First and always, the rose. This marks 7 Tuesdays - give or take a Tuesday or two - before my beloved & I are reunited.

It's been awhile since I last wrote. Why, I don't know. There were periods of intense longing for my beloved....there were periods of feeling so very much alone....and there were periods when I just wasn't feeling well.

I remember the self-advice of counting one's blessings. I find it amusing how we can offer such sage advice to others, but neglect to take one's own advice. My blessings which I have neglected to remember.....

* A husband who God gave me to be my soul mate, my friend, my lover, my husband....

* A mother-in-law who is more than a mom-in-law. Though she lost her husband just mere months ago, she has shown great fortitude, strength and love.

* Two visits from ladies whom I knew only through emails. Email is a wonderous invention.

* The gift of sewing - and seeing quilts emerge from pieces of fabric

*The ability to cry over movies that touch the heart

*Knowing my sister who struggles every day - yet, continues on and still loves no matter what and finds joy in the little things

*A brother who calls me frequently just to talk - even though Email is a wonderous invention!

* Two grown children whom we both are very proud - and their spouses - not to mention the wonderful grandchildren they provided to their parents

*A very strange winter in Ohio - with temperatures in the 40s

* Parents who are still with us....

I know if I sat here long enough, the list would continue to grow.

Counting one's blessings is a powerful tool to combat the blues. No doubt about it. Try it. It works.

I quilt

Angel45402

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....