Herding Cats.....

On the 9th of July, my parents will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary. Imagine....sixty years. Riley & I will celebrate our 38th wedding anniversary on the 27th of July...and I think that's one long length of time (a good length of time, Riley - honest).

I thought it would be a wonderful gift to my parents to bring our two kids & their family to WI to help celebrate their 60th....a tad early since we'd be coming in on the weekend of the 4th of July.

I examined driving....500 miles in a 12 passenger van with 7 adults and 2 kids under the age of 5. Well, room for 12 did seem like a lot of room until you figure in car seats for the tykes. Scratch that. Thought about renting 2 mini vans and doing the caravan bit for 500 miles. I wonder why I felt tired just at the thought. Driving 500 miles on Friday....driving 500 miles back on Sunday. Scratch that. Flying. Yes, that's the way to go. No fuss, no muss. Fly in, rent a couple of cars to get around, snag 3 hotel rooms (parents do not have the room to put us up), and problem solved.

Flight reservations have been made for dear hubby and myself and my sister. That leaves daughter, son-in-law, granddaughter....and son, daughter-in-law and grandson. I have forgotten what it is like to be out in the workworld, waiting for approval for time off....I have forgotten what it is like to juggle home life & work life....

Yet, I felt like I was herding cats trying to get this plan together. Then the great revelation....I'm not in control at all. Never have been, never will be. I can plan all I want ....but that doesn't make it a reality.

So....hopefully the folks will see their great grandkids for the first time in July. If not, it's not the end of the world. And that feels okay with me. Riley & I & sis will have a good time flying to WI and seeing our folks.

The photo is of blocks I made for a one-time kitty cat block swap. Just got the swapped out blocks in the mail today. Must remember to photograph the new ones - they are simply lovely.

I quilt.

Angel45402

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....