Wonky Stars UFQ #3 - 14 February 2017

The adventure begins!  Another group of blocks (twelve) from a lottery (or perhaps it was a swap?) from a Yahoo group.  Maybe 2013?  Is there some sort of thing about vintage blocks....they need to rest like fine wine before one can enjoy them?  Sounds much better than anything else I can think of right now.

Blocks.



They all make me smile.  Look at those beautiful colors!  

I wrestled with the idea of sashing.  They are 9 1/2" blocks, twelve of them, so sashing is a must.  As will be a couple of borders.  So sashing it was.  Tried a medium blue.  Oh dear....not working well at all.  I'm still at a loss as to why when I "audition" a color, it looks good - until I've cut a strip and minutes later, am removing it.  

Then there's the "let's try something new".  I swear, this quilty voice in my head really needs to zip it.  Okay....something new.  

New color - and the something new....



And so the project will continue until I get to pondering the borders.  

In the meantime, I found the proper name for these stars.  "Uneven Stars" - Quilterscache.  

http://quilterscache.com/U/UnevenStarBlock.html

I think I will stick with Wonky Stars.  

Angel45402




 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....