12 April 2018 - another UFQ ! And a HOUSE.....!

The last stitch was completed awhile ago on the Fussy Crumb Bird Block Quilt.  This usually means a hiatus on quilting for awhile.  A week, a month, several months.  Usually.  

However, every time I walk into the QS (aka Quilting Studio, so dubbed by my husband), I hear the VOICES.  Multitudes of voices coming from a large basket underneath the quilting frame.  This large basket just happens to house a multitude of flimsies.  Multitudes?  That's a number larger than 5 - and no, I haven't counted.  Don't need my blood pressure to raise any more than it's current state...which isn't that good.  Another story for another time.  


....so I looked among the stash .... and saw something that looked pretty lengthy.  No, you can't see it lurking in the photo on the left.  But I saw it.  Okay - that might make a nice backing.  It was somewhere on the right side of the cubicles...oh seriously, you don't need to know that.  







So, I squared it all up....which took a bit of doing.  


Backing is now on the frame....and I can hear the trumpets heralding the start of a completed quilt.  Love when that happens....and just because I'm the only one who hears those trumpets doesn't mean it's an audio hallucination.  I'm just in sync with my fabric.  






Oh - the flimsy?  Okay.....


I couldn't begin to guess the date of this flimsy....but suffice to say, it has reached the time when it's to be quilted.  Think of flimsies waiting like fine wine waiting its time before the official uncorking.   Yeah, you got the idea.  Feel free to use this approach any time.






And in the meantime, our search for a home resulted in an offer...just in case I had not mentioned that before.  Looking at 15 May closing - give or take a month.  


My one regret .... we made an offer before it was placed on the market - no beautiful professional photographs to share!  On the left is my attempt at capturing the essence of the house from the street. It's a beautiful home, inside and out and very well cared for by a couple who have lived there for 28 years.  It has 4 bedrooms - and one of them will become the QS.  A yard!  We have a yard!!!  Front, side and back!!!!   Oh yeah, it has more...living room, family room, a beautiful kitchen, laundry room, a white fenced that encompasses a good portion of the back yard.....  We're both excited!!!   And hopefully the building that has housed the chess club for over 20 years and our living quarters for over 6 years will be sold soon.  At the very least, we can rent out the "Treehouse" and the chess club will continue awhile by chess players who don't want to see the club die.  One step at a time but above all, this is in God's hands. 

Sharon






Comments

c said…
The top is beautiful as is the new Home!

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....