11 April 2018 - Another UFQ Completed!

And victory is claimed!!




Fussy Crumb Bird Block (aka FFBB or the ARRRGHHH quilt) project has been completed!  Yes, binding and everything.  Okay - not a label.  I haven't prepared a label yet.  For another day.  














A word to the wise....multiple seamed quilt tops do not play well with multiple seamed backings when one quilts the layers.  Creatively speaking, the wavy lines when one looks closely (or even not that close) are a result of Mz Bailey, my trusty mid arm, not liking it very much when she had to sew across all those seams.  I swear I heard her mutter "I think I can, I think I can....".  (If you never read the Little Engine That Could - you should).  

But it is done - and it is a very heavy quilt.  I imagine once it's on our bed, it won't slip off the bed easily.  Hey - good excuse.  I would have gotten out of bed earlier but the quilt wouldn't let me.  

Next project?  Hmmm.  A flimsy waiting patiently in the wicker basket is what I SHOULD do next.  There are a few flimsies waiting their turn.  *Snort*. A few?  Last count was...well, never mind.  I saw a cute backing idea .... two fabrics used and the result was a large 4 square backing.  Now that fired my imagination.....

Sharon




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....