7 December 2018 ... and on vacation....

It's been "awhile" since I last posted.  

Can't share that I accomplished much other than a plan to reorganize the SQS (that's Sharon's Quilting Studio).  Several plans in fact.  No, make that over a dozen.  There was a quote I read somewhere - something about Perfection being a pipe dream.  God is perfect - I am not.

We are in Ft Myers, Florida now and have today & tomorrow to enjoy the balmy temperatures.  Okay - maybe not so balmy.  However, 56F beats 22F at home.  We have a lovely balcony view from the hotel.....yes, this was taken this morning.  Beautiful sunrise.    
                                                  
A bit hazy, yes ... but then my iPhone 5c is a bit - uh, challenged?  Okay - OLD.












Brought along 6 placemats to hand quilt.  Wrong thread.  Wrong needles.  Oh heck - I just am not a fan of hand quilting.  Even placemats.  

Had quite a bit of B&W ... so why not use some.  Appliquéd flowers (appliquéd by machine, silly question) and each one turned.  Sure beat binding them. Idea was to hand quilt 1/2" from the edge.  And then echo around the flowers until done.  What's done?  When my hand would say "done".  It said DONE before I got that far.  A sewing machine is my best friend..... Maybe some day I'll get to love hand quilting.  

In the meantime, while not overly warm (did I happen to mention it's a mere 56F here at 8am???), we are enjoying the views....


Around the hotel.....


And I must include a photo from the car:


Come to think of it, I haven't snapped a lot of photos.   Hopefully will make up for it ....maybe not.  

Looking forward to ....well, being home.  Yes, even to the 22F high of today.  

Sharon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....