1 February 2018 - and the Goal is on....

It's been a very long time since I sat down on New Year's Eve and made a list of resolutions.  At the end of each year, I'd look for the list and it was nowhere to be found - thankfully.  Such high hopes for the new year...only to be lost along the way a few months later.

So...simple goal.  Yes, I can do simple.

UFQs....lots of them.  Pieced tops waiting to be quilted.  Lots and lots of them.  Pieced quilts.  Appliqued quilts.  Panel quilts.  Did I happen to mention lots and lots of quilt tops???  

Okay - game on.  

Here's January's....

Every quilt has a story.  It's what makes quilts so fascinating.  

This one is made of a block swap  .... an online Yahoo group ..... and darn if I remember when that swap took place but I know it was a long time ago.  If memory serves me right, the block is "Prairie Queen".  Now you and I both know that a single solitary block may have more than one name.  Another fascinating aspect of quilting.  This shall remain the "Prairie Queen" quilt.  
Backing is a simple orange swirl.  Although it needs a bit more work (a few quilting lines had to be removed - which is another story in itself), I am pretty pleased overall.  

2018 Score:  1 for 1.  

I do wonder what February has in store for me.....


Sharon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....