And the great 4 September 2018 to 4 September 2019 Challenge Begins!

Nothing like starting late in the year to tackle those wayward projects...whether they be panels, quilt tops to be quilted, BOMs, kits (both self made or commercially purchased)....

Project started yesterday...capturing all those projects.  At first count, 52.  Didn't seem that bad.  Then I had a thought....where could go these buggers be hiding?? 

Yup - more were hiding.  In here....Well this is the before the great organization took place....













And this is afterwards.....

Behind door #1.... where I found two more kits hiding away.....

And behind door #2 ...where I found panels, more kits....












All that to end up with ... not 52 but 70.  

70 projects in one stage or another ....

Yes, I know that a lot of quilters have many more but to me - it was a YIKES moment.

After posting the list to google docs (any time you want access let me know), I gave thought (lots of thought) to how best tackle these unfinished projects.  Each project was given a number...a list that boggled MY mind.  Maybe not yours if you have way more than 70....but let's concentrate solely on my self-centered quest, shall we....

Okay - one year to see how many of these unfinished projects can join the box of finished quilts.

Out came the googling skills .... located a random number generator....and #56 popped up.

The infamous "Pretty in Pink Flowers Kit".  

I know it to be quite old ... I distinctly remember buying it a quilters' paradise sale in a church and was babysitting grandson (who turns 14 in October!) for awhile.  I took the kiddo everywhere with me...and that included that particular sale.  Must have been around 10 years ago?  No instructions....just fabric bundled up and tied nicely with a ribbon - pink of course.   Oh wait .. maybe it wasn't that church sale....maybe it was a quilters' estate sale.  Or maybe....  Oh heavens - who the heck cares.   



Welcome, #56.  I shall measure each piece to find out the yardage...and go from there.  I imagine the striped fabric would make a lovely border.  May add more fabric to it - well, yes, I guess it calls for more fabric.  No worries.  I have enough stash to add. 

Oh yes- the challenge is also to start NO new projects - nor buy anything other than batting or thread.  

And the additional challenge - blog as I go along....from start to finish.  Sure thing.  *Snicker*

Fingers crossed - but most of all, lots of prayers.

Quilt on!

Sharon 

Comments

Maria said…
Sounds like a really fun challenge! Keep us updated!
Nancy said…
Heaven forbid, but the very moment I looked at those fabrics, an idea sprang into my mind for them. Other people's UFOs are more fun than mine !

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....