This and That on the 21st of September 2018

First off - #56 challenge, aka Pretty in Pink.   While the floral fabric isn't too bad, the yellow isn't to my liking either.  But I digress.

Progress!

All rows done!  Still, pink overload.  

You will notice they're sitting on some sort of - what is that?  

Why, it's the big ironing board that I had to buy a few years ago - when I had plenty of room for it to be set up permanently (so to speak on the "permanently" bit).  And now?

Yeah, there's very little room to dance.  One must dance when one has completed a project.  Guess the dancing has to be done in the hallway.  









The past few days have been busy.

Yesterday - tour #1 of retirement community for mom's move from Oshkosh, WI.  Lots of pros - lots of cons.  Sure wish we could have a mother in law tiny house in our backyard...that would come with a separate big ole kitchen and a chef.  On our way to another errand (after the tour), Riley commented something along the lines of "this will be us in 15-20 years".   True, but some thoughts are best left unspoken.  Where would I quilt?!?!?!  I have every intention of quilting until God is ready to call me home.

Today, tour #2 retirement community.  Thankfully our dear sweet BIL made up a nice checklist (he worked on the flight line when active duty AF), I added a few more items and will be good to go for #2 tour.   

And now to make flight reservations for a trip to Oshkosh for a few days to tackle some must-do items for mom.  Thankfully, flying into Appleton is do-able financially.  Used to be that flights to Appleton vs Milwaukee meant a big jump in airfare.  I'll take that 30 minute drive (give or take) over the almost 2 hour drive anyway.

Simple Quilter 
...like my new name?  Me too....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....