...and she is done....#56 Pretty in Pink (Challenge #1)....19 October 2018

Finally.....!!!

Granted, I must admit (with a whisper) that #56, first of the randomly selected UFQs (that's Unfinished Quilts to those not in the know) that number 70 in total, isn't totally done.  I saw a few areas where Ms Janome, Domestic Machine Extraordinaire, will have to do her famous FMQing (aka Free Motion Quilting).  

Acronyms - what would we do without them?  

Don't answer.

Here she is....

I love the stories each of our quilts tell...

This one...well, I know I shared the fabric came in a bundle many moons ago.  While not a fan of pink, many are and a little girl will love this.  Color aside, the backing was purchased at a LQS closeout.  I hate it when a LQS closes its door....most times.  But this time the owner chose to as she felt God has directed her talents elsewhere. I'm all for listening to God's voice and following His directions.  

I had no idea what the fabric would be used for ....and when the top was complete, that backing just stood up waived its arms and yelled "Me, me - pick me....I am perfect".  And yes indeed, he/she was correct.   Still out for debate as to the he/she .....

At any rate, I have to say that I kind of like the pink and yellow and the blue and the green and the light green backing.  

Anxious to start a new project....but will wait until later to announce the randomness number picked.  I know - what a crazy way to tackle those UFQs.  Now all 69 of them. 

I call it progress!

Sharon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....