Welcome end of October - well, almost

It's the 29th of October....and truth be told, I am so looking forward to a more sedate November.

Mom has been moved from Oshkosh, Wisconsin to Dayton, Ohio.  Courtesy of sis & her husband and Riley & me.  She did quite well on the drive back.    She moved from a very nice retirement community in Oshkosh to living temporarily with sis and her husband.  She's been welcomed warmly by our church family....attended her first bible study this evening....and today she selected where she will live come the 21st of November (if all goes well).  A very nice retirement community - smaller place and she's fine with that.  Whooeee - a mere 20 minute drive from our home.  

Meanwhile on the sewing front.

#56 ("Pretty in Pink Flowers Kit") was completed....which I am sure I shared.  Okay, so maybe not completely completed.  As in - wow, that line of quilting really stinks....  I've become quite adept at removing quilting stitches by Mz Bailey and replacing them using Mz Janome.  FYI:  Mz Bailey is a mid arm and Mz Janome is a domestic machine (that word domestic makes me laugh every time).  At any rate, #56 will get a slight overhaul sometime this week. 

Next random # on my list of UFQs, etc., etc., was #64.  A Halloween FQ quilt ... Yellow Brick Road style.  Alas, the FQs were light in number - not to mention light in size.  It was set aside.  Anyone want it???  Honestly, I didn't have one single length of Halloween themed fabric....nor did I really want to go out and buy more to supplement.  




Next random # on my list is....#33.  "Tilt a Square"..... and here's proof it exists....



I love it....all batiks!  Of course - who wouldn't love it????













And as it slowly progresses:


We know first off - press those FQs nicely.....after washing & drying.  Okay, the jury is still out - wash before or not.  I vote wash.  I will always vote wash.  










And the first couple of FQs cut to size.  

I think this is going to be one stunning quilt.  But then - most anything made with batiks are stunning.  In my humble opinion.








Hoping tomorrow brings the time to cut more FQs....but first...

Hem a pair of pants for mom.  Oh goodness - when WAS the last time I hemmed anything????  

Welcome November....and soon!

Sharon



Comments

Maria said…
Can't wait to see the tilt a square quilt with those luscious batons!
Fanciful Quilts said…
Batiks will always be my favorite!

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....