Goodbye to the last day of October 2018......

...and hello to November - tomorrow, that is.  

FQs for Tilted Square - all chopped up now.  Each FQ was to be cut into a 10 1/2" square, 7" square, 5" square, and 3" square.  To be appliquéd on top of each other.  Note to self:  READ THE DESCRIPTION FIRST BEFORE PURCHASING.  I am not a fan of raw edged appliqué....  Did you catch the fact that each block will consist of appliquéing small square on top of next size square...and etc?  

And here they are....all 12 FQs cut to size.  Remains of each FQ carefully set aside.  Okay - remains of each FQ shoved to one side on the cutting table.









And my go-to project when I need a break....

...block #2 of the 7" blocks...101 Log Cabin blocks.  I'm actually going to try and make the rest of the 7" blocks in order.  Ha. As if.  I've made a few of these already....










Just in case you were wondering....here's a list of the blocks yet to be completed:

























That should keep me busy for awhile.

In the meantime, mom signed a contract for a one bedroom apartment located in Kettering - retirement/assisted living community.  Tour was Monday .... contract signed yesterday and pdf'd it yesterday.  Target date for move in: 21 November.  Furniture shopping tomorrow.  She is happy.  We're happy.  Now to do what we can to turn happiness into contentment.  Contentment is far more important than bouts of happiness.  We are so glad she is here in Dayton.  

Now to tackle the day.....

Sharon
....who is looking forward to house cleaning today.  HA.  Got ya.


Comments

Diamond D said…
Sharon, so very glad to read this catch up from you. Now I can see all your works of art....glad to have you back again posting your updates. Keep up the great work. I hope today to maybe start another of the 101 Log Cabins......or something that is waiting for my attention. Maybe my catch up for the Teacup blocks by My Carolina Home. Chat soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....