A Little Bit Quilty and a Little Bit Home - January 8, 2019

THE Challenge continues.  

Randomly selected number (1-71 projects at the time) was....

Tilt-a-Square. 

A kit.

As to what number that was, I haven't a clue.  It's off the list.  I modified the list, along with reorganizing the SQS.  If I think long and hard enough, SQS could mean something else other than "Sharon's Quilting Studio"....  Like.... "Simply Quiet Space".....or...."Something Quirky Stuff".....or...

Darn squirrels.

Tilt-a-Square.  

Minus the borders....which will be tackled when this headache goes away....

 Nothing like a wonderful (small) space to photograph a quilt top.  Once the borders are on, I need a larger floor space.  

Honestly, it will never be one of my favorite quilts.  The pros:  I love the wonkiness of the blocks.  I love the colors.  I love that it's all batiks.
The cons:  Applique.  
Okay - one con.  But enough to either up the game of bettering my applique skills or move on and enjoy the efforts of others.

Now the little bit of home.

We took awhile to come to an agreement of what would go in the front room.  Never had a front room.  Just a living room...and now we have two living areas.  Front room and the family room.  Okay, the family room is really the TV room - but "family room" sounds so much better.

Taking a photo at night is not recommended - but then my iPhone 5 leaves much to be desired.  I'm old school.  

The couch, love seat and chair all are navy - and not to forget the oversize foot rest.  As to fabric?  I don't have a clue....think of denim but very very soft.  




Not that this photo is much better, but it gives a halfway decent idea as to the arrangement of the furniture.  BTW - that lamp in the corner is a very old one....and I found THE perfect shade for it a few months ago.  Gray linen.  It suits.  



And finally the desk area.  My desk.  I love this desk.  I love the chair - which just happens to match the chair in the SQS.  Bonus:  they're dining room chairs.  One never knows when will entertain 8 people at one time.  (Just in case you're wondering - dining room table came with 6 chairs).  

A little bit Quilty and a little bit Home. 

Home - I love that word.

Sharon











Comments

Riley D. Driver said…
Great post and keep up with the quilting.

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....