22 February 2018....Progress!

And the backing for the Fussy Crumb Bird Block Flimsy is done!
And it's all squared up and ready to go.  Yes, it's a mishmash of 6 1/2" squares and strips.  Wish I could claim the polka dot stash is gone - but alas, not even close.  Yet, when I started I could have sworn this would have done the trick....

                                                                 
Certainly is large enough (83" x 83").... 

Waiting for the packaged batting to arrive....lovely online purchase that didn't break the bank.  One of these days I will venture into using fleece as a backing.  Certainly more economical.

And while waiting.....  6 1/2" blocks become joined into one nice big block.

And one block becomes two...and then two becomes three.....




Even a few minutes a day can result in a wonderful word I like to call "Progress".

String blocks.  Something about them just stirs my soul and brings out a great smile no matter how dark and dreary life can get at times.  Along with my prayers and talks with Jesus....yes, even out loud.  Cannot live on quilting alone.....

Sharon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encouragement......

Pay It Forward...The gift that keeps on gifting.....

Ramblings of a Wife.....